Assalamualaikum
All praises to Allah.and peace be upon His messenger
There was a remark made by a patient with depression that really caught my attention:
" I was born and raised as a Catholic.so you would understand that has not been very helpful at all for my problem. Catholic teaching seems to only worsen this depression. It only emphasise on how guilty we should feel about ourself. That we are sinful, we are evil etc."
I would agree with her that such ideology would definitely make you feel terribly bad. especially when you are already struggling just to find enough reason not to kill yourself. Thats why she now joins the Anglican.because there's lot more singing there.
(btw, for those who are not used to what depression is, you can just google "Major Depressive Disorder")
The patient had try to kill herself in several occasions before. so it is really a serious matter.
Her remark on this has made me thinking on my own religion, that is Islam.
Throughout my life, I find Islam has been providing answers to lots of questions. and solutions to lots of problems. It has transformed a rather barbaric desert tribes into a respectable civilization. It taught people to embrace differences and to take good care of one another. It actually brings peace in one's life.
So again, Alhamdulillah. I praised Allah for blessing us with Islam.
No comments:
Post a Comment