assalamualaikum...peace to all...
Have u ever met a Malaysian who'd just returned from overseas, who then spoke english with accent of the country which they've been too?I bet u did.or maybe u've seen such people on tv or somewhere.and I am pretty sure most of us would response like "urgh, gila jijik" or "br pegi negara omputih kejap dh nk action ckp guna accent diorg"....pretty familiar ay?
Well, the thing is that they actually are not the one to blame.they do need to have that accent.seriously.most people from the english speaking nation could hardly understand asian slang of english.by 'asian', I meant "international student" asian, those who came from other countries.for instance, when my singaporean friends speak in class, other Australian-originated student would have trouble understanding them.eventhough the singaporean student speaks very fluent english. (I am not putting myself as example here because u can argue that my english is just mere crap....and it really is....sometimes..shit.)
Though, I myself still couldnt get the hang of australian slang.its quite tricky I reckon.mainly because of the diversity of accent present here;theres a lecturer who speak in thick British slang, another who speak in German-ish+Brazil-ish+Aussie-ish english, peers with new zealander slang, korean and japanese dude, and peers who speak(or more like mumbling) in thick aussie accent.and when I went 'lepak-ing' with malaysian friends, I would use '-lah' every now and then......I guess thats why my english turned out to be a weird accent.damn it.
No comments:
Post a Comment