Friday, September 3, 2010

culture

Assalamualaikum

All praises to Allah.and peace be upon His messenger.


There was this one night where me and a couple of friends were on our way back from a dinner.While we were cruising along the dark, empty street in the Toyota hatchback, we had a bit of conversation about religions.

A friend of mine, who is an atheist said : "You know what, I think the Christian religion is too 'white-ish'.thats why i cant really accept it"

Another friend of mine, who is well-known as the 'church girl' because she is part of a church's choir team and also a constant church goers replied : "I couldnt agree more. I think that the religion is also too 'organized'. In my opinion, 'spirituality' things shouldnt be too organized you know"

I was quite surprised with the 'church girl's' statement and asked her : "then why are you still going to the church frequently?"

she replied: "because it is a family thingy.everyone in the family goes to the church every Sunday and they encouraged me to participate in the choir"



What I see from the statements of those two is that they have perceived the religion as being just a culture.

And I think Islam (in my country at least) also is heading that way, with more and more Muslims regard Islam as nothing more but a lame cultural practice that is inherited from their ancestors.







Islam is certainly more than that.


That is if you put a thought on it.not just 'monkey see,monkey do'.

No comments: